Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Yep - a four-month old chocolate lab puppy. In the past, I've been able to clean my house despite illness, injury, small children, extra children and remodeling. But this puppy has beaten me. I can't clean house unless she's in her kennel or outside. And when she's in her kennel or outside, there are usually other things I have to do that I can only do when she's out of the way.
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Monday, December 21, 2015
- What if I make the wrong decision?
- What if I get bored with the system I choose?
- What if it doesn't work?
- What will I do if I made a mistake because once the new year starts, it's hard to switch because there's not much selection.
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Snow can be a real problem if you live in a hilly neighborhood and drive a car that barely gets around in rain and doesn't get around in snow at all.
That was the case about 10 years ago when David and I first moved into our last home. None of our cars could get in and out of the neighborhood very easily when it snowed.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- Sometimes we push the wrong button because we're used to pushing the other one and the garage door is open all night or most of the day. Oops.
- Sometimes we can't remember if we closed it so we have to come back to make sure.
- Sometimes it doesn't shut because of all the dumb leaves that blow against it and get in the way of the sensors. Then we have to get out of the car, move the leaves and try again.
- Sometimes we think it's open and start to back out only to discover that it was closed.
- Sometimes we open it and back out too fast and discover that it isn't up all the way yet.
- Sometimes we drive away assuming it shut but not realizing that at the last minute it came back up.
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Friday, December 11, 2015
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
You know those days when you're busy all day long but you feel like you didn't get anything done? I have those a lot. I don't really like them. I prefer the days when I have a nicely completed to-do list at the end of the day. Unfortunately, I don't remember the last time I had one of those!
Monday, December 7, 2015
I know most people hate Mondays - mainly because their weekend is over and they have to go back to work. I get that. But I'm a full-time homemaker so Mondays don't have the same effect on me. However, just like you full-time work-outside-the-home folks, my weekend is over and I do have to go back to work! It's just that my work is my home.
Friday, December 4, 2015
Life with Lucy is never dull. Never. Ever. I'm constantly doing research to find ways to solve all the little issues we're dealing with. The latest is her obsession with the couch. I get it - the couch is comfy and labs do love comfort! But I don't want her on there. So I did some research and this is what I came up with:
Lucy had her second vet appointment this week and had gained 5 pounds. She was 13 pounds at her last visit and 18 at this one. The vet said she was very strong willed and energetic. That's the truth!!!!!